Wednesday, 24 May 2017

Smooth To Go Hair Routine


Outfits and hair go together hand in hand - I love experimenting with my hair looks and I love creating outfits to go with them.
As it gets warmer, it’s more and more about creating the perfect base for me to create a smooth and sleek style for the summer months.

I have been in a constant battle with my frizzy locks for as long as I can remember and humidity is my worst enemy. As a teen, I would just tackle it head on with a flat iron hoping that would tame the flyaway’s ; overtime I realised that it all actually boils down to prep prep prep. Here’s my recipe for smooth sleek hair. 

Ingredients -
TONI&GUY Smooth Definition Shampoo
TONI&GUY Smooth Definition Mask
TONI&GUY Shine Gloss Serum
TONI&GUY Flawless Sleek Creation Hairspray
TONI&GUY Sleek Definition Cream

Let’s begin! To start with, shampoo and conditioner. Finding the right ones that aren’t going to weigh your hair down but give you that silly weightless feel is tricky. As someone with extremely heavy hair, it’s always a celebration when I find a pairing that does just the trick.
After I’ve shampoo’d my hair, I go in with the Smooth Definition Mask - this is essential for achieving that sleek look, I always use a mask at least once a week to keep my hair feeling nourished and revitalised. Leave it on for 15 mins, and wash out.


On to the part I dread the most - blowdrying. Now I’ve managed to develop a routine that doesn’t require much handy work with a brush but keeps my flyaways down and my hair looking smooth - but first, I’m going in with the TONI&GUY Smooth DefinitionCream to protect my hair from any heat. Taking my hairdryer I point it downwards and blast my hair - this will train my hair to keep the flyaway’s from going haywire (and minimal effort!). Once my hair is around 90% dry, I’ll go in with a round brush and frame the hair around my face. I like to begin my brushing down first, and then away from my face. 


Grabbing my trusty hair iron, I’m parting my hair in to two sections and curling my hair away from my face. I don’t want super curly hair as I want it to look sleek, so I’m straightening until I’m around 3/4 of my way down the hair and then curling out at the bottom. Repeat until you’ve completed curling the hair. 


To complete the look, I’m running my hands through my hair with the TONI&GUY Shine Gloss Serum - this will make my hair look a little more effortless and lock that moisture in. Then taking the TONI&GUY Flawless Sleek Creation Hairspray to keep everything in place, this hairspray is perfect as it maintains the shape all day without leaving your hair feeling solid and dry. 



So, you’re smooth to go! What are your favourite tricks to achieve smooth hair?

CBT 







SHARE:

1 comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig